Monday, November 17, 2008

This weekend Jenni and I drove down to my Grandparents house in Rochester. I planned a little birthday getaway weekend for her because her birthday is on the 23rd and she needed to get away! On Friday night we visited with my Grandma and had some delicious raspberry wine and chocolate...and then we headed to the movies to see "The Secret Life of Bees." It was a really sad but moving movie. We slept in on Saturday and then got amazing massages in the early afternoon. After our massages we did a bunch of Christmas shopping! They have lots of shopping available there and all the Christmas sales were great. On Saturday night I cooked dinner for Jenni and my Grandma (my Grandpa was in Florida at the Swamp watching the Gators in the SCC football game...GO GATORS!!) so it was just us girls for the weekend :) I made a fennel, apple and blue cheese salad with homemade dressing, salmon with a mustard-cream sauce, asparagus and potato wedges. It was so yummy!! I love to cook. Saturday night we saw a funny comedy/play about Minnesota in Plainview. Sunday morning we did some more shopping and crafting. I made a Christmas wreath and Jenni finished getting some presents together. It was fun, and a nice relaxing weekend which was just what we needed! Jenni has all the pictures from the weekend so I'll post some later :)

No comments:

Back to TOP